Friday 28 May 2021

The Poems: Spoiler Alert!

Acknowledgements Title: Spoiler Alert : Pamphlet no 168 Cover: Free Clipart Image Published by Malfranteaux Concepts Printed by Retro Overflow Copyright: Sheena Blackhall 2021 A section within these poems was written on a full day’s researching Upper Deeside with the storyteller & photographer, Grace Banks. Her extensive knowledge of the names of the flora & fauna of the natural world helped greatly when I wrote the poems. She also communicates with birds by mimicking their calls. Some poems are owersetts in Scots from the free online course, Future Learning, Poetry of the Holocaust from Yad Vashem. Sheena Blackhall c. May 2021

1 comment:

  1. I, John Morris, am a sailor and sometimes folk singer/shantyman living in northern Illinois, USA. My wife found your stuff through wandering aimlessly around BBC.

    I have a small ragbag of Scots stuff I do for Burns Nicht and whenever somebody lets me. Included is a Willie Kemp songbook of bothy ballads, etc, that my son brought me from Edinburgh while he was there several years ago. I would like to purchase a copy of the Doric dictionary that was mentioned in the BBC article. Can you please direct me to the right e-mail address?

    I look forward to building a stronger relationship with you and the "Hielands" Thank you.

    John Morris JM.Sail.21@Gmail.com

    ReplyDelete