Monday 28 June 2010

The Poems: The Storm Nursery


The Storm Nursery:Poems in Scots & English by Sheena Blackhall was written from April-June 2010 (Malfranteaux Concepts, Aberdeen ISBN 978 1 870978 77 4). The Cover is a copy of a Painting by Caspar David Friedrich:The Wanderer above the Mists 1817-18. Some of these poems were written during 11-18th July on Wolf at the Door,a week’s creative writing retreat at Dhanokosa,Balquidder, led by Ananda & Manjusvara of the Triratna Buddhist Order (formerly known as the Western Buddhist order).Various poems were inspired by the Aberdeen Artists 76th Exhibition.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sheena. I used to sometimes see you on the rounds of schools doing Supply. I also went to High School with you. I retired to Weymouth in 2007 but often in Aberdeen. My God you've been busy! What a lot of achievements. I recently on Facebook and put in names of people I would like to find out what they are up to. I found my way to your blog. Most impressive. I myself have a book coming out beginning of September. Michael Molding of Cauliay Publishing agreed to take it on. The Darkness of Dreams. I started it end 2002. You have written such a lot - incredible. Will have to order a few. And the travelling you've done since I last met you! So glad to have found this blog. All the best. Pamela

    ReplyDelete