Friday 13 November 2020

The Poems: Mind Spaghetti for a Rainy Day

Title: Mind Spaghetti for a Rainy Day (Pamphlet 161)Cover Design : clip art,Published by Malfranteaux Concepts,Printed by Repro Overflow, Aberdeen Acknowledgements:I was lucky in childhood in having a grandmother and father who loved me unconditionally. Indeed, it was more than love, I was cherished. My brother, on the other hand, was cherished by our mother. Oddly, both my brother Ian & myself were overly ambitious, well beyond our talents. He aimed to become a famous concert pianist. My ambition was to go to Paris, become a famous artist, maybe even found a painting dynasty. Both of our ambitions crashed and burned. He ended up as a chartered accountant, I diverted into writing. The careers we cherished, perished. Our ‘second starts’ did not hold us in the same tenacious grip, although neither of us forgot our father’s statement: ‘Naebody’s interested in fa comes second. It’s winnin that matters.’ Sheena Blackhall November 2020 (It is important) ‘not to love too much, for he knew the injury that a father can do to a daughter or a mother to a son by attaching them too closely: afterward, out in the world, the child would seek in the marriage partner the same blind tenderness and, failing probably to find it, turn against love and life.’ From Babylon Revisited  

No comments:

Post a Comment